Division III Friends from Childhood, Neighbors, & the Unexplainable
Taystee & Poussey (8) vs. Alex and Penny (9)
Christina offered our first take on this match. I respect it. But, I mean, she *did* call me out in the post—so here I am, damnit.
Pen and Alex are aghast, y’all. They can’t even.
For those who don’t know the sitch, this group had a (wait for it) not so happy ending after three too-short-so-sweet seasons. It did achieve a minor cult following, though. Especially online, it seems like. Maybe because the show is so damn giffable.
So. Who are these ladies?
With Penny, you have a lovable, abbrev-able, neurotic female. And Alex is the ditzy, down-for-whatever, gal pal.
(Bonus points if said character gives an inappropriate drunken speech.)
Anyways. Penny, and the rest of the Happy Endings cast, pioneered so many quotable phrases that, for some of us, have truly entered our lexicon.
But, again, I’m here to defend my girls Penny & Alex as they are up against the #strongfemalefriendship that is Taystee and Poussey.
It’s almost not fair because the entire Happy Endings gang is such a “Friends” group that it’s hard to separate them.
But, in an effort to highlight their relat’, here are some friend things they do together:
TOP TEN OF ALEX AND PEN
1. They’re not afraid to match.
3. They both worship at the alter of TV.
4. They both enjoy dancing—with others and alone.
5. Speaking of alone, they can both get down with a little “me time,”
which is important to any adult female friendship.
6. They both appreciate the finer
things foods (and wines) in life.
7. They have different strengths. Like, Alex naps. She naps. A LOT. But, lo and behold, she has Penny to wake her up!
(Just like someone else I know…)
8. They have both low standards and healthy amounts of confidence and they always try to call it like they see it (but they are often quite wrong).
10. They always support each other.
And that’s why I think Penny and Alex should win this round!!!!
Go forth and vote!